POPE FRANCIS DECEMBER INTENTION: Let us pray for the catechists, summoned to announce the Word of God: may they be its witnesses, with courage and creativity and in the power of the Holy Spirit
- That all international trade agreements protect human rights of all nations by putting public well-being before profit.
- That those responsible for decisions regarding trade and industry be mindful of the duty of all people to protect the environment.
- That in negotiating international trade agreements, leaders respect the democratic right and responsibility of governments to protect the well-being of their citizens, including provisions for education, healthcare and access to water.
- That those responsible for trade and business across borders and within countries ensure that workers are provided with just remuneration and that no one, especially children, is exploited.
- That international trade agreements provide just and fair compensation to developing nations for export commodities, and allow governments to protect local food producers and small enterprises through subsidies and assistance