Interfaith Immigration Coalition Virtual Advocacy Days
The Interfaith Immigration Coalition (IIC) is hosting virtual advocacy days from Tuesday, July 14 – Thursday, July 16 to demand that Congress defund the administration’s harmful anti-asylum policies and restore asylum protections.
A series of legislative meetings are being organized along with an accompanying training to equip community members and advocates with tools for change. There is a current need for advocates to commit in AK, HI, MS, MT, OK, VT, ND, and SC. If you live in or know people in these states, please consider taking action.
The goal is to educate Members of Congress about the systematic destruction of asylum protections and the impact the administration’s anti-asylum policies have had on asylum seekers, immigrants, and unaccompanied children – for those on both sides of the southern U.S. border. Participants will receive:
- Detailed webinar training on Virtual Legislative Meetings — date to-be-confirmed
- Schedule of Meetings with Your Members of Congress — on July 14th, 15th, or 16th
- Sample Talking Points and Asks for Your Meeting — resources to help guide your meetings and we encourage you to share your personal stories and experiences
- Asylum Working Group and IIC Support — each meeting will include an accompanier to provide support
- Advocacy and Social Media Toolkit — the toolkit will include a call-in action, sample social media posts and graphics, and additional advocacy resources that you can share with your constituents
Please click here to learn more and to sign up to take action to protect those seeking asylum.